Get a classic car insurance quote – no matter what your vehicle
Precise definitions for what makes a ‘classic car’ vary from country to country. In the UK, there are two criteria that are typically referenced:
- Cars built before January 1st 1973 are exempt from paying vehicle excise duty and recorded as ‘historic’ vehicles
- For the purposes of company taxation, HMRC class any vehicle that is more than 15 years old and worth more than £15,000 as being a classic car.
For the purposes of insurance, what qualifies largely differs from insurer to insurer, with some UK insurance companies stipulating that a 10 year old vehicle can qualify for classic car insurance.
If you have a vehicle that you think may be eligible for classic car insurance, give us a call today. We’ll take some details before gathering a selection of classic car quotes that meet your requirements.
What should I consider when buying classic or vintage car insurance?
We’ve already established that the definition of what might qualify as a classic car varies significantly, depending on who you ask. But you should be prepared to think about and answer the following questions when looking for a vintage car insurance quote:
- Do you need cover for public road rallies and trials?
- Does the vehicle ever get displayed at museums or public events?
- Do you take your classic car abroad?
- Are you looking to insure the car only or do you need cover for yourself and passengers as well as members of the public?
Why buy my classic car insurance through Buckingham Insurance?
As an independent insurance broker we pride ourselves on personal service and professional knowledge. We’ll take time to review and consider your vintage car insurance needs before recommending anything. Why not give us a call today on 01246 575 625?