Registered Head Office:
1 The Green, Clowne,
Chesterfield, S43 4JJ,
Tel: 01246 570600
Buckingham Insurance is a trading name of Buckingham Insurance Consultants Ltd. We are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, FCA Registration Number 307630. Our company registration number is 1764347.
- Tony Buckingham (MD, Clowne Office) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Andrea Jacques (HR Director, Clowne/Ripley Office) – email@example.com
- Simon Jacques (Director, Ripley Office) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lee Moody (Office Manager, Clowne Office) – email@example.com
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of our website, such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views
- Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us or your insurer, on or in relation to our website. For example changes you make to your quotes or policies and any claims you make through them
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us including your email address, name, address, business name and address and details of other policies that you hold
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters
- Information that you provide to us in the course of using our Customer Services facilities
- Any other information that you choose to send to us.
We may send a cookie which may be stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. We may use that information to recognise your computer when you visit our website, and to personalise our website for you.
We may also use the information we obtain from the cookie in the administration of this website, to improve the website’s usability and for marketing purposes.
We use an analytics programme to monitor use of this website. This programme generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies, which are stored on users’ computers. The information generated relating to our website is used to create reports about the use of the website.
Using your personal data
We may use your personal information to:
- administer and assist you with your quotes, policies and claims;
- send you details of policies purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you
create and inform you of products or services that may better meet your needs;
- conduct market research and tracking of advertising, enquiry and sales data
administer the website
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website
enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
- send you newsletters and other marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you related to the website.
You can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications to be sent by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Providing information to third parties
Buckingham Insurance Consultants Limited will not sell, trade or rent your information for the purposes of direct marketing.
We will never disclose information about you to third parties, except to fulfil your specific instructions for a product or in the event that third parties deliver the relevant service. For example, if you take out an insurance policy provided by a third party, they will need your details in order to administer the policy or process claims.
Similarly, if you choose to spread the cost of your insurance over the year, your payment details may be passed to a third party company to set up and administer the financing for your premiums. Buckingham Insurance Consultants Limited does not retain any of your debit or debit card payment details.
Buckingham Insurance Consultants Limited uses Third Party Websites for the purposes of price comparison, these may be websites operated by insurers, managing general agents or price comparison sites. We also store your data on Customer Relationship Management Systems such as Hubspot, Mailchimp and Mailstore. Claims may be reported to Claims Management Companies and Loss Adjustors via their websites. Quotall manage our website and provide marketing services.
Finally, we have an informal relationship with Aeon, a financial advisors based in Rotherham. If you express an interest in a product they offer we will inform you of this relationship and with your consent, pass on your details so that they may contact you.
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law, and
- to the purchaser, or prospective purchaser, of any business or asset which we are, or are contemplating, selling.
International data transfers
If you are in the European Union, information which you provide may be transferred to countries (including the United States, Australia, India and Japan) which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Union. You expressly agree to such transfers unless you have specified otherwise.
Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. The provision of this information may take up to 24 hours.
You also have the ‘right to be forgotten’ and upon request we will delete all information we may have on you.
Please be aware that we have a regulatory obligation to hold onto certain data for a minimum of 7 years, so erasure in certain cases may not be possible. However, we will delete any information that we are not required to keep, such as information held on CRM software. If you would like to delete your data please refer to the “Contact” section at the bottom of the page.
You may also instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email by sending an email to email@example.com at any time. If you are a new customer we will also ask for your consent via email and text. We will also provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes. Again, you may do this by using the “Contact” section below.
Please note that we will still send you email reminders about changes you make to your business insurance policies, when your policies are coming up for renewal, and so on.
Information held on you that we are not required to keep for regulatory purposes will be deleted within 18 months of collection.
Third Party websites
The Buckingham Insurance Consultants Limited website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites. Their inclusion cannot be taken to imply any endorsement or validation by us of their content.
Buckingham Insurance Consultants Limited is not responsible for any privacy practices in place for third party websites, nor do we accept any liability in connection with their content.
Fraud prevention agencies
If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is identified or suspected, details may be passed to fraud prevention agencies.
Law enforcement agencies may access and use this information.
We and other organisations may also access and use this information to prevent fraud and money laundering, for example when:
- Checking applications for, and managing credit and other facilities and recovering debt
- Checking insurance proposals and claims
- Checking details of job applicants and employees.
We, and other organisations that may access and use information recorded by fraud prevention agencies, may do so from other countries.
Please ensure that the personal information we hold about you is correct and up-to-date. If you notice anything wrong with the information we provide to you, please get in touch using the contact details available at the bottom of this page.
Our liability to you
We endeavour to publish accurate, up-to-date information on this site, but Buckingham Insurance Consultants Limited does not accept any liability for any inaccuracies or omissions. Nor does Buckingham Insurance Consultants Limited accept liability for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or other losses or damages of any kind arising from the use of this website or information contained within it.
For any enquiries specifically regarding data we store about you, or how Buckingham Insurance uses your data, you can contact our Data Controller via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to them at our company address marking your letter for the attention of the Data Controller. You can access, delete, or amend your data at any time.